Helping Windham County Residents Navigate Connecticut’s Auto Insurance Laws

What Happens When An At-Fault Driver In Connecticut Doesn't Have Auto Insurance To Compensate You?

The state of Connecticut utilizes an at-fault-based auto insurance system when it comes to auto accident liability. This essentially means that those injured in a car, truck, motorcycle or pedestrian accident by an at-fault driver can pursue certain avenues to collect compensation to pay for medical bills and lost wages, among other recourse.

One such avenue includes filing a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance company to recover. This is also known as a third-party claim.

Sadly, some injured parties who pursue this route find out all too often how other drivers have failed to obtain any auto insurance coverage at all — despite the legal mandate. In other instances, the coverage the at-fault driver does have is simply inadequate to compensate the victim for the circumstances.

Fortunately, there are still options.

Helping You Obtain Compensation

Connecticut auto insurance policies require drivers to also obtain what's referred to as "uninsured or underinsured coverage." What this means is that, in the event a party is injured in an auto accident involving an at-fault driver and that driver doesn't have auto insurance or necessarily the right amount to cover your expenses, the injured party's own insurance kicks in to cover the necessary expenses.

Our Reputation: Providing Years Of Experienced, Trusted Representation To Auto Accident Victims

If you or a loved one was injured by another driver who did not have insurance or adequate coverage, reach out to a lawyer at Sarantopoulos & Sarantopoulos, LLC, for assistance.

The Sarantopoulos family has helped individuals in Killingly and surrounding areas in similar situations for many years. Starting in the 1950s, attorney Nicholas Sarantopoulos began assisting Killingly residents with legal issues. Today, over four decades later, Christian Sarantopoulos carries on his uncle's legacy by helping local residents with legal issues. He has assisted many individuals in your same situation for over two decades.

Call 860-932-2788 or use our online form. Free in-person consultations. Home and hospital visits offered. Serving Killingly, Danielson and Windham County residents.